The School of Journalism, Writing, and Media in the Faculty of Arts at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, invites applications for two full-time, tenure-track positions at the rank of Assistant Professor, with the possibility that an exceptional candidate be appointed at the rank of Associate Professor, beginning July 1, 2021.
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. JWAM is committed to research and pedagogy that responds to and addresses historic inequities and therefore welcomes applicants who would contribute to our ongoing efforts to create an open and diverse community, one that fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged in the field of writing and discourse studies.
Applicants are required to have a Ph.D. in writing studies or a related field, and will have a record of outstanding research, commensurate with experience, in writing studies, with specializations in one or more of the following areas:
- rhetorical genre studies
- genres in the public sphere, including counter-public genres
- ideologies of language
- anti-racist and decolonial writing pedagogies
- research methods for inquiring into current questions about public debate, privacy, and publicity
- multimodal writing; digital and social media rhetoric
- knowledge-making, knowledge-translation, and knowledge-mobilization
Review of applications will begin on November 16, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Click here for more information.